[FWM News] Mammoth SG's Update

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Jan 24 12:22:52 PST 2013

The plan for the weekend SG's is.... BE FLEXIBLE!! After glorious weather and ski conditions for
the entire month of January, Mammoth is picking up the edge of a warm storm moving down the coast
and through Southern California. Showers are forecast through the day Thursday, with 5-6" of new,
warm snow Thursday morning. The weather forecasts have been shifting daily, so we are making
contingency plans to maximize the prospects for getting our races off this weekend.

** REVISED SCHEDULE ** Following a morning meeting with race organizers and Far West Masters, we
are making the following adjustments to the schedule:
	∙	Fri - 2 races (no training run)
	∙	Sat - 3 races
	∙	Sun - contingency day

We will hold to the timing of the original schedule on Friday, subject to weather permitting the
course crews to maintain planned schedule, with 9:15-10 inspection, 10:15am first race, noon second
race. Saturday we will try to move everything up a bit to try to get 3 races in. Updated schedule
from Mammoth Race Department is available from link below.

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2013/Rick_Conrado_SGs_2013_Itinerary.pdf

Race checkin will be held in the Team HQ building at the Race Department counter (the old
"Slopeside" building just west of Ch. 1 Broadway Express base station). Please check in early to
ensure you get the latest news for the race day schedule. We will be having our post-race party on
Saturday afternoon at Giovanni's Pizza at 4pm (in the Von's shopping plaza).