[FWM News] FW: Mammoth Slaloms

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Dec 2 19:36:34 PST 2014

Greetings Everyone:

It's snowing at Mammoth Tuesday and Wednesday.  Real snow piling up.  Maybe even a powder day tomorrow.  After all the new snow, the weather for race days Saturday and Sunday is promised to be sunny with highs around 38-perfect.  This is going to turn out to be a weekend not to miss.  Sign-ups on SkiRaceReg.com are open though Thursday. We are looking forward to seeing everyone..

Since this is the first race and we have to hand out new bibs, we need your help.  To help facilitate check-in please be sure of the following--

1.       Check in will be at the Race Department beginning at 7:30 and shutting down at 8:30.  Our racing colleagues who are good enough to help with the check in want to get out in time to inspect.  The check-in will shut down at 8:30.  If you show up at 8:25 you may not get taken care of.  Please try to come around 8 AM.

2.       You have to check in in-person before the race to pick up your new bib.   You can't race with the old bib.  If  you already have the new bib, you still have to check in.  In-person check in is required at the beginning of every race day.  It's important so we can confirm the start list and send it up the hill without delay.

3.       Be sure your Far West membership and USSA license are current.  If not, please try to take care of them before race day.  Otherwise be prepared to pay for your membership at check-in ($25).  If your USSA license is not current you will have to purchase a temporary license to race.

4.       If you are purchasing a temporary USSA license, don't forget to bring proof of medical insurance.  You can't race without a license and the required insurance information.

The awards party will be at Giovanni's in Mammoth Lakes at 4-6 on Saturday.

Footloose  in Mammoth Lakes is having an event for Masters racers Thursday night December 4  from 5-7 pm.........appetizers, beer, wine and storewide specials at 20% off everything, 30% off powder skis and "Racer Pricing" on race skis and boots. Plus, I think, the famous Mike Braun tuning demo.

The Far West Masters Ski Racing Board is meeting on Friday, December 5 at 4 PM at the Braun's home, 132 Silvertip Lane, Mammoth Lakes.   All members are welcome.  A group of us will adjourn for dinner at Robertos after the meeting.  If you want to join us, let me know so I can make a reservation.

See you this weekend.

Dan

Daniel L. Simmons
President