[FWM News] Bernard Cup at Alpine Meadows

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Feb 23 21:07:30 PST 2014

The 2014 Bernard Cup event, traditionally held at Squaw Valley, was moved this year to neighboring
Alpine Meadows to take advantage of the better racing conditions available on Kangaroo. While the
continuing warm and dry conditions that have blanketed the Far West this season have been
challenging for both racers and ski areas, we ended up having a spectacular weekend of warm
spring-like weather combined with an outstanding racing surface that held up well for all
competitors.

Race director John Black and the Alpine race crew did an excellent job and the course conditions
were outstanding through 4 runs of SL on Saturday and Sunday's GS. Jackets and warmups were
abandoned early by most, yet the race courses never got mushy or rutted. Hard to beat a beautiful
weekend with fun racing!

It was a pleasure to have a number of new faces join us this weekend. We hope everyone had fun and
comes back for more.

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page along with the new Season Standings rankings
for 2014. Sunday's awards concluded with the annual Bernard Cup presentation, awarded to the top
man and woman racer based on an age-handicapped scoring of the weekend's races. The 2014 Bernard
Cup winners are defending champ Tim Stewart (M08) and Deb Lewis (W07).

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2014/results
http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2014/standings