[FWM News] Mammoth GS races this weekend; RMS retirement

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Jan 20 09:38:53 PST 2014

As announced last week, the Mammoth DH/SG races scheduled for this coming weekend have been changed
to 3 GS races on Sat-Sun Jan. 25-26.  (3 races in 2 days, 3 runs each day)

Although we appear to be stuck under the persistent high pressure ridge that's been keeping storms
from getting into the Sierras through the end of the month, Mammoth has been aggressively making
snow all season and the locals report skiing is very good.  The race hills have been usable all
season for racing and training, so we expect to have good conditions for racing this weekend.
(Warm and sunny, ack!)

Please submit your race entries through SkiRaceReg.com:

http://skiracereg.com/races.asp?selected_org_id=13685

See the race information flyer for details on the weekend.  Note also that Mammoth is offering good
discounts on lodging at the Mammoth Mountain Inn - take advantage of the slow season to stay right
at the hill for a change!

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2014/RaceInfo-Mammoth-Jan2014-GS.pdf

Reno Mountain Sports Retirement Sale

Reno Mountain Sports owner Dave Garner has decided to retire... Dave is known to many of us as a
long-time racer and the owner of Reno Mountain Sports, a quality shop in Reno that's always been a
great supporter of ski racing. (And one of our FWM sponsors, too!)

Dave's decided to retire and is closing the RMS shop at the end of the season. The retirement sale
is on for the duration of the winter season - the rental/repair shop will continue to be fully
staffed while the shop inventory is put on sale for liquidation. Stop by if you can, pick up some
deals, and wish Dave the best as he transitions into retirement, hopefully with more time to get
out and play on the slopes and the race hill.

http://www.renomountainsports.com