[FWM News] Mammoth GS races

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Jan 26 20:37:55 PST 2014

We had a great weekend of racing at Mammoth - good weather and good snow on the race hills.

Good luck to all our Far West racers heading to Park City in two weeks for the FIS Masters/Western
Regionals on Feb. 6-9!  Our next scheduled race is the Bernard Cup at Squaw Valley on Feb. 22-23.

****LOST SKI ALERT!!! Looking for Dan Malonson's skis!!! Someone skied away from the finish board
after the last run Sunday mistakenly taking Dan's Rossi GS skis. Dan's skis are a 175cm black and
orange Rossi GS; the pair that was left is a 167cm Rossi. He'd really like his own pair back, if
you get home tonight and find you have the wrong pair of skis please contact Dan or get in touch
via webmaster at farwestmasters.org.

Mammoth GS races
----------------

The Far West Masters were treated to two days of excellent GS racing conditions at Mammoth Mountain
on Jan. 25-26. Mammoth put some serious snowmaking on the race hills and the weather was warm and
pleasant both days. With 3 runs each day to fit in 3 races on the weekend, racers and course crews
were kept busy, but the crack Mammoth crew ran everything on schedule.

The weekend event was dedicated to the memory of Grania Feddis Anderson, a woman of many talents -
ski racer, mother, doctor, friend - who we lost last year to cancer. It was a pleasure to have her
daughter Nieve share the weekend with us and forerun on Sunday.

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page along with the new Season Standings rankings
for 2014.

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/current/results
http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/current/standings