[FWM News] Mt. Rose McKinney Cup information

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Mar 3 10:25:44 PST 2014

Our next race is the Mt. Rose McKinney Cup this coming weekend of Mar. 8-9. Mt. Rose is a great
venue and always very welcoming to our masters competitors. The weather forecast looks good, with
lingering showers from last week's storms and a small system possibly coming in Wednesday night,
but clearing for the weekend.

Tahoe Daily Snow weather blog and forecasts:
http://opensnow.com/dailysnow/tahoe

We are planning to hold 2 GS races on the "Slide side" of Mt. Rose on the Silver Dollar run. This
is a fantastic GS hill - long and with terrain changes. Even better, Mt. Rose is offering a very
attractively priced $30 racer lift ticket. Race checkin will be 7:30-8:30 daily in the Winters
Creek base lodge. (NOTE: Mt Rose will *not* be able to accept day-of-race signups, so get your
entries submitted by the Thursday entry deadline!!)

*** IMPORTANT **** The weekend schedule depends on having a sufficient number of competitors!!! We
need to have at least 60 competitors in order to maintain the originally planned 2-day race
schedule. If the field size is under 60, we will adjust the schedule and run both races on
Saturday. We are planning to assess race signups and the schedule on Tuesday evening, so please get
your signup submitted if you have not already done so!!

Another reminder: don't forget our "Bring a Friend" program, where your race entry will be comp'd
if you bring a new racer! We need new faces and Mt. Rose is an excellent first-time race, with a
challenging course at a friendly venue.

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2014/RaceInfo-MtRose-Mar2014-McKinneyCup.pdf
http://farwestmasters.org/#bring_a_friend