[FWM News] Mammoth Season Finals

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Apr 7 13:34:48 PDT 2015

The final event of the 2014-2015 Far West Masters race season wrapped up our warm-and-dry drought
year with three days of beautiful weather and great course conditions at Mammoth Mountain.
Mammoth's snowmaking and grooming wizards provided us with the foundation and the always efficient
Mammoth Race Department put together an opening race day on Thursday with three SG races on the
World Cup/ADG track. The track was firm but edgeable and there were plenty of smiles all day. On
Friday we raced a long GS on the same track, with a high start at Redelsberger's Bump, on another
lovely day with pleasant sunny conditions.

The final day of racing on Saturday was a SL on ADG (Andy's Double Gold) and there were positions
in the season age class standings and overall gender rankings for next season's leader bibs at
stake. The final men's rankings for season bibs 7-10 were all decided on the final day of racing,
so there was some intense tactical strategizing and points computations in preparation for the
final race runs on the 2015 season!

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page along with the final Season Standings rankings
for 2015.

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2015/results
http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2015/standings

On Saturday evening, a relaxed and happy group of racers gathered with family and friends for the
season finale banquet at the Mammoth Conference Center in the Main Lodge. Along with presentation
of season awards, a number of items were offered at a Silent Auction to benefit the Scholarship
Program fund, and the raffle prize drawings culminated with drawings for two pairs of skis donated
by Elan and Rossignal.

Far West President Dan Simmons acknowledged and thanked the many members of our organization who
volunteer their time and talents to help put together our racing events. A special dinner gift card
was presented to Diann Laing, who organized and managed race day checkins all year - an essential
role that she carries out with great dedication. Following long deliberation by the awards
committee of a number of well-deserved nominations, the Most Improved Racer awards were presented
to Kim Wentworth and Bill Archibald, recognizing their significant improvement in the 2015 season.
The final award of the night was the Teddy Cantanho "Spirit of Masters" award, presented to a
competitor who exemplifies participation with cheerfulness and joy, as well as contributions to our
program to encourage others to share the enjoyment of masters racing, and this year's award was
presented to Mary Feddis.

2015 Season Awards:
http://farwestmasters.org/reports/results/2015/FWM2015-SeasonAwards.pdf