[FWM News] February Forerunner newsletter

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Feb 8 08:43:32 PST 2015

The February mid-season issue of the Forerunner newsletter is in the mail! All current members who
subscribed to the print edition will receive a copy. Click the link below to view online; previous
issues of the Forerunner are available on the Newsletters page.

February 2015 Forerunner newsletter:
http://farwestmasters.org/docs/newsletter/Forerunner_2015_2-2015-02-07-Feb.pdf

The February issue has news and stories from all our events in the first half of the 2014-2015
season, along with scholarship program reports and some "where are they now?" pieces with updates
on some of our former junior scholarship athletes.

There's also an important article prepared by newsletter editor Hamish Butler explaining the USSA
and FIS helmet regulations. This is an important topic for all of us, so please read! Stricter
helmet standards have been put into place by FIS and USSA for GS, SG, and DH competitions - the new
helmet standards are required for all FIS competition and recommended for all competitors U14 and
up in USSA competitions this season. The new helmet standards will be REQUIRED next season for all
competitors U14 and older, including masters. The Far West Masters board is involved with ongoing
discussions with other masters divisions and USSA about the new regulations and the implementation
timing. but it is important for all of us to be aware of the stricter equipment rules pending for
next season and plan our equipment purchases accordingly.

Newsletters page on farwestmasters.org with current and older issues:
http://farwestmasters.org/documents/newsletter