[FWM News] Heavenly Viva Italia races

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Jan 10 18:28:58 PST 2015

2015 kicked off with a fun day of racing at Heavenly on Friday for the annual Viva Italia cup.
Heavenly made us very welcome and put on a great day of racing.

And check out the information flyer about race training at Heavenly if you're a Tahoe local, sounds
like a great chance to get in some good gate training.

Heavenly Viva Italia
perpetual trophy using an age-handicap formula to recognize strong skiing across all our age
groups. The "Viva Italia!" celebration cry that John made famous in his racing years from numerous
podiums was raised again to celebrate a fun day of racing as competitors gathered for pizza and
socializing at the post-race party. The 2015 Viva Italia winners were Deb Lewis (W08) and repeat
winner Kurt Belden (M07)/

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page. (Season standings for 2015 will be posted
after the scoring software is updated to handle the unusual split-courses results from the opening
Mammoth weekend races)

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2015/results

Heavenly Race Training

Following a very fun day of racing at Heavenly, we're happy to pass on the news that Heavenly is
offering 6 weeks of race training in January and February on Tuesday and Thursday mornings on the
World Cup race hill. The camp is open to all Vail Resorts employees and Tahoe locals and will
provide both SL and GS training. Sounds like fun, check it out!

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2015/Heavenly_Race_Camp.pdf