[FWM News] Mammoth GS races

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Jan 17 16:30:58 PST 2015

The Mammoth GS race event on Set-Sun Jan. 24-25 is only a week away! While it's a disappointment
that it will not be possible to hold the originally scheduled DH/SG speed events, we are looking
forward to a good weekend with the first GS races of the season.

Although the snowpack and terrain coverage is below normal for this point in the season, the
conditions of the race hill are very good and we anticipate an excellent event. The Mammoth Masters
team has been training on race venue Andy's Double Gold (ADG) as well as the adjacent Fascination
run since the holidays and have had some excellent conditions for training.

Race checkin will be 7:30-8:30 daily at the Mammoth Race Department HQ (the "Slopeside" building at
the base of Broadway Express lift with Mammoth team HQ). We will have an early 9:30 start on
Saturday, with 4 race runs on ADG, and on Sunday will start at 9:45 from a high start on the long
GS course.

Registration reminders: the early registration deadline is Sunday evening 1/18; entries after the
early registration deadline are subject to a $5/race late fee. You can cancel without penalty until
registration closes on Thursday evening 1/22, so even if your plans are tentative get your entry
submitted this weekend.

**REGISTRATION NOTE FOR SPEED EVENT ENTRIES** all competitors entered in the original DH/SG speed
event races were notified by email through SkiRaceReg.com that those entries would NOT be carried
over to the rescheduled GS event. If you were registered to compete in the DH/SG races, please
remember to check your SkiRaceReg.com account and make sure you signed up for the GS races.

Mammoth GS races info:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2015/RaceInfo-Mammoth-Jan2015-GS.pdf

Race Announcement from Mammoth Race Dept:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2015/RaceAnnouncement-Mammoth-Jan2015-GS.pdf

Detailed event schedule:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2015/EventItinerary-Mammoth-Jan2015-GS.pdf