[FWM News] Squaw Feb. 7-8 GS info

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Jan 18 15:03:45 PST 2015

We now have details available on schedule and location of the GS races added at Squaw on the
weekend of Feb. 7-8 as makeup for the cancelled Sierra at Tahoe races at the beginning of January.
The races will be held on the upper mountain on Mott's, off the Siberia lift, to take advantage of
better snow conditions higher up.  More details below.

Early registration deadline with discounted entry fee for next weekend's GS races at Mammoth is
tonight, so get your entries in today before the late fee goes into effect!  You can cancel if
necessary anytime up to the registration deadline on Thursday evening.

One more reminder to competitors who were entered in the DH/SG speed races: those entries were
*not* carried over for the rescheduled GS races, you need to log into your SkiRaceReg account and
enter the Mammoth GS races if you have not already done so.

Squaw Feb. 7-8 GS info
----------------------

We have added two GS races at Squaw Valley on Sat-Sun Feb. 7-8 as makeup races for the cancelled GS
weekend on Jan. 10-11 at Sierra at Tahoe. It's unfortunate that some of our Far West racers who are
traveling to Aspen the first week of February for the national championship DH and the FIS Masters
Cup/Western Regional championships will have to miss this event, but the opportunity to make up a
cancelled weekend is beneficial for the majority of our competitors.

The GS races at Squaw will be run on the upper part of the mountain on Mott's, underneath the
Siberia Express lift, where snow coverage is better than on our usual race venues off the
Exhibition chair at the base area. Start time will be at 10:30 each day to allow competitors
sufficient time to reach the race course and inspect.

Squaw GS races info:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2015/RaceInfo-Squaw-Feb2015-makeup-GS.pdf

Race Announcement from Squaw Race Dept:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2015/RaceAnnouncement-Squaw-Feb2015-GS.pdf

All competitors *MUST* have a signed copy of the Squaw/Alpine release form on file for the 2015
season. You can sign online through the Event Services page on squawalpine.com site using the link
below (you will need to login or create an account on their site to submit your release form
online).

Squaw Event Services - online Squaw race release form:
http://squawalpine.com/event-services