[FWM News] Race for Free--Become an Official

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Oct 26 18:44:25 PDT 2015

Greetings all.  I'm forwarding the following message from Mark Mirviss, our head of officials:

RACE FOR FREE!

Not only can you race for free, well, you still may have to pay for your own equipment and travel (unless you're sponsored), but you can also ensure we have quality races.

Our USSA officials, Referees and Technical delegates, are now compensated not only with free lift tickets for the days they officiate, but are also now, thanks to a recent change in our bylaws, are going to be reimbursed for their race entry fees on days they officiate.

To become a USSA official you will need to attend training and take a test. Training is coming up November 6th at Squaw Valley. For details please visit this website; www.fwskiing.us<http://www.fwskiing.us>  A registration form will also need to be completed; http://www.fwskiing.us/Assets/Documents_Race+Packages_Selections/PDF$!27s/Officials+Registration+Convetion+2015+UPDATED.pdf

Far West Masters is DEPENDENT on having our member racers volunteer to officiate our races. If we do not have a sufficient number of officials, it puts an undue burden on those of us who do officiate. So please, do your part and become an official! Give back to this sport that we all dearly love.

If you have any further questions, please contact me at; mmirviss at farwestmasters.org<mailto:mmirviss at farwestmasters.org>

Thanks

Mark Mirviss

Daniel L. Simmons