[FWM News] Mammoth SG's Race Info

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Feb 21 07:25:10 PST 2016

Our final event on the February race schedule is a weekend of SG racing at Mammoth Mountain.
Mammoth's proven speed venue and experienced race crew make this an outstanding event for those new
to speed events as well as those with experience.

Early registration deadline is Sunday evening 2/21, so please submit your entries on
skiracereg.com/fw. Entry deadline is 9pm Thursday 1/25; you have until the entry deadline to cancel
without charges, so if your plans are tentative submit your entry now and you can still cancel if
necessary.

We will be on a relaxed schedule this weekend for you late-risers! Inspection will be 12:30-1:15
daily, with race start at 1:30pm. Race day checkin will be 10:30-11:45am in the Team HQ building by
the base of Broadway Express and the Main Lodge.

We will not have an organized post-race party on Saturday. Many of our competitors will be gathered
on Saturday afternoon at the celebration of life for our friend and long-time masters race Dan
Malonson, who passed away on Feb 1 after battling cancer. All of Dan's many friends are welcome -
the gathering will be 4-6pm at the Community Center.

Lodging packages: Call 1-800-Mammoth for special discounted group rate - mention ""Woolly's
Challenge, Booking ID 21363" when making reservation. Additional lodging information is available
from the Town of Mammoth Lakes Visitors Bureau, http://visitmammoth.com.

Race Information:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2016/RaceInfo-Mammoth-Feb2016.pdf