[FWM News] Heavenly and Mt. Rose update

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Fri Feb 23 15:05:52 PST 2018

Due to the lack of snow......until now, we have made some changes to the next series of races after Northstar.  In two weeks from today, March 9th, Heavenly will host the Viva Italia slalom race with two races on that same as we have done in the past.

At this point in time Mt. Rose cannot run a GS race down the Slide side, due to lack of snow on and above the steep pitch.  Even though there is snow in the forecast, they did not feel comfortable promising us something that they most likely will not be able to deliver.  Instead of the two GS races scheduled for Saturday March 10th and Sunday March 11th, we will only be racing on Saturday with two slalom races that day for the McKinney Cup.

So to recap......2 slalom races Friday 3/9 at Heavenly for the Viva Italia and 2 slalom races the next day on Saturday 3/10 at Mt. Rose for the McKinney Cup, NO Races on Sunday!  The slaloms at Mt. Rose will be on the Slide side.

Just a brief look in to the future, the finals in Mammoth most likely will be tweaked a little and this is what we are thinking:
Thursday April 12th, SG x 3....Friday one GS and Saturday one GS, with a banquet Saturday night.  We added a SG that we lost from Northstar and merely changing the scheduled slalom to a GS, since we lost numerous GS races.  This is a bit premature, but wanted to get everyone thinking about these changes, so you can start planning.

There will be more information regarding registration changes sent out early next week.