[FWM News] Mt Rose schedule change details

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Mar 3 18:22:37 PST 2018

**Mt Rose schedule change: 2xSL on Saturday 3/10.** The Mt Rose organizers have decided that we
need to change next weekend's planned race schedule from Sat-Sun GS races to two SL races on
Saturday. Although additional snow has fallen this week, the new snow is dry and light - great for
powder skiing, not so good for setting up to provide a good race surface. We regret the loss of
these GS races and the need to change our schedule, but Rose believes that SL races are our best
option in order to put on a good event.

We will be racing on the Slide side of Mt Rose, with checkin at the Winters Creek Lodge at the
Slide Mountain base area. Mt Rose will be providing complimentary continental breakfast for all
racers - a much appreciated welcome! Checkin will be 7:30-8:30am; start time will be announced when
schedule finalized, but expect an early start (likely 9:30) with 4 race runs.

**All entries for Mt Rose GS races on SkiRaceReg will be retained** We have switched the discipline
to SL and moved the second race to Saturday. All registered competitors have been notified by
email. If you cannot race SL on Saturday, please log into your SkiRaceReg account and drop your
entries before online registration closes at 8pm on Wed. 3/7.

https://www.skiracereg.com/fw

P.S. Don't forget that Sunday 3/4 is the early registration deadline!! Get your entries in now for
our SL festivities next Friday and Saturday.  Online registration will be open through **8pm Wed
3/7** if you need to change your plans, so sign up this weekend even if your plans are tentative.