[FWM News] *** Squaw schedule change to SL on Sunday ***

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Jan 9 14:03:34 PST 2019

Unfortunately Squaw RD has determined that it will not be possible to run a GS on Sunday as planned
due to hill conditions.  With feet of new snow over the weekend and warm/damp conditions this week
they have concluded it will not be possible to safely prepare the full Exhibition race hill for GS.

So Sunday's race will be changed to a SL.  That allows the Squaw crews to concentrate their hill
preparation on the lower sections and gives us a better outlook for a good racing surface.
We regret the need to change, we know many have been looking forward to a GS, but a second SL is
our best option at this point.

If you need to withdraw your Sunday entry, please try to do so before online registration closes at
8pm tonight.  Late withdrawals after close of registration tonight will need to be made by
contacting Squaw.

https://SkiRaceReg.com/fw