[FWM News] Race Entries, Regionals, Nationals

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Jan 24 20:32:43 PST 2011

Just a reminder to everyone about race entry procedures: race entries
can be submitted either online at SkiRaceReg.com or by sending printed
entry form accompanied by check to the race organizer, per published
information on the Season Schedule page of the farwestmasters.org web
site.

We have a very flexible "torn check" policy to encourage early
submission of race entries - at least a week before the event, so that
the organizers can plan accordingly to accommodate the field - you can
cancel without penalty up until the day before the event is held.  This
allows you to submit an entry even if you're not completely sure you
will be able to make the event and subsequently cancel if necessary.
The policy is the same for entries submitted using the new online race
registration system introduced this year as it has traditionally been
for printed entry forms.

It is *YOUR* responsibility to cancel a race entry, however, and you
must do so at least one day prior to the start of the event (e.g., by
Thursday for a Sat/Sun weekend event).  To withdraw from a race after
the entry deadline (i.e., on the day before the event starts or while
the event is underway), you are responsible for contacting the race
organizer directly and notifying them that you will not compete. Refund
of your race entry fee after the entry deadline is at the discretion of
the organizer; typically they will consider extenuating circumstances
such as an injury that occurs on race day.

Please read the "Race Entry Reminders" news posting to review the entry
and cancellation procedures:

  http://farwestmasters.org/#entry_procedures

Regionals Entries
-----------------

The Western Regional championships will get underway at Mammoth next
week of Thursday, Feb. 3.  Entries are due this week; late fees apply
for entries received after Wed. 1/26.  The weather outlook is that we
have a good chance of continued warm, clear weather into next week and
the race venues are in excellent shape after the big December snowfall.

Register online at http://skiracereg.com (select the Far West Masters
race series).

Printable entry form:
   http://ussamasters.org/forms/evententry_wr.html

Event information:

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2011/Race_Announcement_Masters_Western_Regionals_2011.pdf

Nationals Entries
-----------------

Just a reminder, entries for Nationals are due to Far West president
Mark Mirviss by the end of January. (That's only one week away!)

Entry form and instructions:

   http://ussamasters.org/forms/evententry_nc.pdf

Print and mail your entry along with check to Mark at:

    Mark Mirviss
    P.O. Box 3293
    Olympic Valley CA 96146

Mark requests: "Please do not hand them to me at races, I fear that I
may lose some entries that way."