[FWM News] Mamoth Season Finals and Banquet

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Mar 12 07:49:53 PDT 2014

Our final races of the year and our Awards Banquet will be held at Mammoth Mountain on Friday March
29th (Slalom) and Saturday March 30th (Giant Slalom). Our season finale Awards Banquet will be
Saturday Night.

**Please note the race order: SL is on Friday, GS on Saturday.  The schedule was incorrectly posted
as GS/SL rather than SL/GS on the farwestmasters.org Season Schedule page and on the SkiRaceReg.com
race schedule - the discipline has been corrected, but please recheck your entries if you are only
competing on one day or in a specific discipline.

Due to hill space limitations, we will unfortunately not be able to hold our scheduled Super G on
Thursday Mar. 27th.

Price and location of the Saturday evening banquet (either Mammoth Mountain Conference Center, or
the Canyon Lodge) will be provided as soon as details are finalized. Banquet signup will be
available on SkiRaceReg.com.

Season Scoring
--------------
With one event left on the 2013-2014 race calendar, there's only two races left to collect points
for the season rankings in your age class and for the overall men's and women's leader bib awards.
Our season scoring formula counts the best 75% of your finishes (rounded up), using the "old World
Cup" points scoring system of 25/20/14 points for a top-3 finish and 13 points for 4th, 12 for 5th,
... 1 for 15th.

With the cancellation of the planned Mammoth SG at the season finals, we will have 18 scoring races
this season rather than 19. Your best 14 finishes of the 18 scored races will be counted for your
season points. Even if you've already competed in 14 or more races, you can still score points by
posting a better result in the final two races to replace a lower-scoring result from earlier in
the season.

Check the Season Standings page to see your current ranking. There are still some tight battles for
season rankings and we expect some to go down to the final day's racing to determine the final
standings!

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2014/standings

If you have any questions or believe a posted result is not correct (e.g., you were scored in Open
class when you opted out to remain in your age class), contact scoring director Deb Lewis at
dlewis at farwestmasters.org **prior to the final event** to request a correction.