[FWM News] Heavenly Cancellation/Reschedule

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Dec 27 20:01:49 PST 2017

Read in your web browser: http://farwestmasters.org/news#heavenly-cancellation-reschedule

The Jan. 5-7 Viva Italia Cup races at Heavenly are CANCELLED due to lack of snow cover from the
continuing warm and dry weather conditions across the Far West. With just over a week before the
event was scheduled and no change in the current weather pattern, it will unfortunately not be
possible to prepare either of the race venues with sufficient coverage for a race event.

After discussion with Heavenly about options, we have agreed that the Friday SL races will be
rescheduled to Friday Mar. 9, immediately prior to the GS races at Mt. Rose on Saturday and Sunday.
Although we are disappointed to lose the Heavenly GS races, it was felt that this reschedule plan
would be the best solution in the context of our other scheduled events over the coming months.
Heavenly and Rose are close enough that it allows a reasonable weekend travel plan to compete at
both venues.